Thursday

You Tube Virgin

Thanks so much for all the kind comments and commiseration. The encouragement from Mom's in the trenches and Mom's on the other side has been invaluable. The only thing consistent in our collective experiences is the sweetness of surrender and sisterhood. We are in this thing called Motherhood together. We are not alone.



If you don't receive the Proverbs 31 Woman Magazine visit http://www.proverbs31.org/p31womanmagazine/thisMonthsFeature.php.

I wrote a feature about that very thing. Failure. Fellowship. Friendship. (By the way, I have no idea why that picture of the magazine is enormous. Sorry for the extreme close up.)

If you are here, and you're in the midst of something that seems exhausting and overwhelming listen to this. Know that right now, the best thing we can do is seize the day. Enjoy. (I sure hope this works.)







post signature

4 comments:

Lysa TerKeurst said...

I loved both of your last posts. What sweet encouragement for us moms!

I know your insights and encouragement will totally be a blessing to many.

Yes, motherhood is a kick in the pants and a stab in the heart sometimes for sure!!!

Tracy Alicia Vinson said...

Whitney,

What a pleasure to meet a young mother of three precious boys! I was there once, now they are all grown up! Well, almost..you see at 20.19.17.15.11 and 4 they still love to wrestle...I even competed against them in weight lifting last summer for crying out loud!

Remember these are gifts from the Lord and He loves them way more than we ever could! I commend you for the fantastic job you are doing! Keep it up! Oh, and my first four are boys the last two are girls; totally blessed!!

Sharon Sloan said...

Whitney: Gorgeous picture on the cover! Truly stunning (and great earrings! I am an earring girl!)!

We haven't met personally (unless we met at She Speaks) but someday when I see you face to face I'd like to let you know how God used you in my life and heart recently.

Blessings and love,
Sharon

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

I haven't gotten my magazine yet but look forward to it. As a mom of five, whose three boys are a bit older than yours, you will speak volumes in these next blog posts. It's the little things that are the big things. How is it that is so easy to forget in the whirlwind we call life?

Making my rounds to the She Speaks ladies before I arrive next week. :)